Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Calling All Bloggers

As you've probably heard by now, the Blogger Happy Hour torch has passed on to new ownership. I-66 did a killer job, and we're hoping we can live up to it.

So what's on the menu for May?

Nice Guys Happy Hour

When: Friday, May 18th @ 8:00 pm
Where: Cue Bar -- 1115 U Street NW
Who: Hosted by INPY and yours truly.
Who's Coming: Bloggers, Commenters, Readers, Lurkers, Friends, and anyone else who happened to hear about it. If it sounds like fun to you, be there.
What: Booze, Bloggers, and Badassedly Good Times (also featuring pool, darts, and ping-pong)
How: However you'd like. Just try to keep it legal. Or at least don't get caught.

Here's Hoping...
...I-66 shows up anyway
...TexPundit gets paid on time
...Dagny Taggart avoids the blue stuff
...Average Jane doesn't hate me for my Heelys (yes, they're making an appearance)
...Ar-Jew-Tino wears a less confusing shirt
...Roosh hasn't used up his three word recaps
...MM brings the boy
...Gen stays away from the pasta
...FreckledK brings the camera
...Someone far away makes an appearance
...INPY doesn't die of alcohol poisoning
...and you show up.

It's gonna be a party, y'all.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

haha..."brings the boy"

We'll see...

inowpronounceyou said...

I won't die! I'll just spend a week in the Keith Richards rehab...

This one is going to be fun. And yes, MM, bring the boy!

I-66 said...

My name is I-66, and I endorse this event.

Anonymous said...

I'll def bring the camera. There aren't enough pics of Arjewtino already in the world, so I'll have to take more.

How does he end up in virtually EVERY picture, anyway? It's eerie.

Anonymous said...

I so told off ziti. He's been stalking me via MySpace. I'll eventually write a blog about it. I have this horribly lame and pathetic message and this voicemail (which we MUST laugh over together) in which he calls me "princess." Ick. Whatevs.

Ziti is OLD NEWS. I'm on to (somewhat) mentally stable people. I figure if they're more fucked up than me, I should run. Far and fast. And I have. :]

Anonymous said...

pity I live hours and hours away. sounds like y'all have a lot of fun at these! :)

Anonymous said...

No blue drinks. None. Fortunately, this does not rule out my favorites. :o)

Lemon Gloria said...

Yippee! Can't wait! But, but, don't you love me? Aren't you hoping I turn up in all my 5'3" glory?

John said...

Darn, I'll be in Milwaukee... too bad I won't to show everyone my mad ping-pong skills...

Anonymous said...

I get paid on the 15th, so I will totally be there. My mouth should be all healed up by then, too. :D BEER:30!

LMNt said...

MM -- You know you want to.

INPY -- Hmmm... I think I'll believe it when I see it.

I-66 -- Dude, we can't afford your endorsement deal. Consider it charity.

Freckled K -- I think he's an attention seeking princess in disguise.

Gen -- You're gonna build some bad-ass legs with all that running.

Foxy -- You know you have an open invitation and a place to stay, right?

Average Jane -- I'll totally forfeit the ping pong match now. Save your skillz for people who demand them. I'll be busy drinking.

Dagny Taggart -- What about your favorite blue ones?

Lisa -- Well, duh. You know I'm lost without you, darling. That's why I married you.

John -- We'll miss you, but don't worry. We'll do it again next month. Maybe not with the ping pong, though.

TexPundit -- Perfect. We'll see you there.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I would LOVE to be there!

But let's see.. A Friday night. I work till three pm, 6 states away. Let's ASSUME I could get a flight right after work (assuming I don't miss my flight.), I could get to Baltimore by 6:30ish. (just checked flights). (Can't afford to fly to Reagan!) Then to DC by 8ish.. Drop off my stuff where ever I can find a place to stay... be cutting it kind of close!

But if you THINK I'm that cool? Maybe I SHOULD come... Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

I'll be there like spandexwear even though you two stole my venue idea.

Freckled K, I can't help it if everyone wants to photograph me. Well, I could, but I wouldn't want to.

Miss Scarlet said...

I'll try:)

Anonymous said...

OK - enough!

http://shadowsofourselves.wordpress.com/2007/05/09/ok-enough/

Anonymous said...

damn, I didn't do the link right.

But you get my point.

Anonymous said...

Har har har.

Would be true, though if I weren't being metophorical. How sad. :(

roosh said...

since i am a nice guy..........