Monday, May 14, 2007

A Reminder and Then Some...

Nice Guys Happy Hour

It's coming...

And? Well, INPY and I have been talking, and we'd like to try an experiment here. You see, as host, I-66 gave out points and bought the first drink for the point leader. That was fun. Free drinks rock.

If you've never been to one of these happy hours, they're a pretty good time. Although I'm sure you'd expect a blogger happy hour to be kind of a nerd convention, filled with a horde of the socially awkward, it's really quite the opposite. I've met a ton of amazing people, made some really good friends, and generally had a great time at every one of them. These guys (and gals) are down to earth, interesting, hilarious, outgoing, and exceptionally friendly.

If you have been to a few, you've probably noticed it's usually pretty much the same crowd, with a new person or three who will probably come back and become part of that same crowd. And we love you guys (see above). We also love meeting the new person or three, and it would be cool to see our little group get bigger and bigger. So here's what we're gonna do (consider it our little version of I-66 points):

If you bring a blogger that neither INPY or I have ever met before, your first drink is on us. Similarly, if you are a blogger we've never met before and you show up without anyone to claim responsibility, we've got yours covered, too. Consider it a newbie incentive. :-)

When I came to my first one, I was a little nervous and I had no idea what to expect. I said to myself "I'll stop in for one beer and if it blows, I'll meet up with my friends over at the other bar." I ended up closing the place down that night with some very awesome people. I have no doubt that others have and will have similar experiences.

If you've never been and would like to, check out I-66's post on what to expect from your first blogger happy hour. I'll see you there!

6 comments:

Lemon Gloria said...

Thanks for putting this together! Totally looking forward to friday! And THIS time, I'm not hiding behind you!

inowpronounceyou said...

Lisa; SURE you're not.

vvk said...

Nope... she'll hide behind me this time. I'm much better for hiding behind than LMNtal...

Anonymous said...

Ok, so let me get this straight..

I think the rules need to be bent for me. And here's why:

I HAVE met you and INPY before at a semi sort of blogger event, HOWEVER, I was NOT blogging at the time of the get together, and it wasn't technically a HH, and it was AT this get together that I was inspired to blog because of YOU guys. Now I AM blogging, and am flying from 6 states away to see y'all for the weekend.

So technically, I'm a new blogger at her first HH. So do I get a free drink, or what? (Pretty please?)

he he

Anonymous said...

I live in Texas :( My comment is to vote for a free drink for shadowsofourselves

Anonymous said...

ha! Thanks hkw!

But INPY has assured me that there are NO loopholes. And LMNtal hasn't said anything!

Hey, I tried. I thought it was a pretty compelling argument. :-)