Monday, April 2, 2007

The End of an Era...

Ok, so I absolutely love dating. I love the shiny, sparkling feelings you get when you start to see someone new, I think almost every woman is amazing in her own way, and I love discovering the little surprises you really don't see coming when you get to know someone. The anticipation of a first date, the sparks of the first kiss, and the passion of a first... um... interaction... they can all be like a drug for me.

On the other hand, sometimes I totally hate dating. Sometimes it brings uncertainty, drama, and pain. There will always be occasions where you like someone who doesn't feel the same way, and times where someone likes you but you're just not feeling it. Sometimes you get hurt, sometimes you hurt people, and sometimes you wonder if it's ever going to work out for you. There's a lot of wondering and at times, overanalyzing involved. It can suck.

Saturday night, I was feeling a little more along the lines of number two, and I got together with my good friend Lisa, who happened to be in a similar mindset. After a few too many glasses of wine each, we came to the conclusion that there was a way to 1) have an adventure, and 2) end all those gross uncertainties for good. So, fueled by inebriation and graced with the power of the internet, we found some unbelievably good last minute fares, said "what the hell, let's do it," skipped town and got hitched.

That's right. You heard me.

We're both damn attractive, have similar views on relationships and how to handle them, and understand what it takes to really make something work, if you want it to. And as crazy as it sounds, I think we just might be able to do so. So wish us luck, even though we're retards. I like to think of it as good retarded.

Dating drama? Game over -- I'm a newlywed now. Rock on!


P.S. -- We're gonna throw a bigass par-tay in a week or two to celebrate, and of course, you're all invited. Come throw down with the happy couple.

P.P.S. -- The sex is fantabulous.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're joking, right?

Anonymous said...

april fools day was YESTERDAY, genius.

Carrie M said...

you cannot be serious.

Anonymous said...

But... I thought we had something special?!? Is this why you haven't answered my emails?!!!

Anonymous said...

April FOOLS. Yeah right. I know he's lying. KNOW IT.

Jo said...

This is a joke. No way it's true.

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

April Fooools ;-)

SWF42 said...

The best Aprils Fools jokes always come the day after.

:-)

Lemon Gloria said...

See? I told you your friends hate me.

mandy said...

Don't you know it's supposed to be big BUT believable.

Fools. I'm telling ya...

Unknown said...

wow. I actually believed you for a second there.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're supposed to do April Fool's on April first not the second!

Silly.

I-66 said...

Yeah, I'll be at the party with Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, White Jesus, and a bunch of elected Republicans.

Unknown said...

please be kidding! (Got to go to my Happy Place...happy place...happy place)

Anonymous said...

Well, your blog is about to get DULL. ;)

The only believable part was the sex.

inowpronounceyou said...

Umm....huh?

Unknown said...

You know, LMNT, this would have been funnier if you'd had said you ran off with INPY's ex! That would be LOL.

LMNt said...

Yes, April Fools. And for those of you whining about how it's a day late? I don't blog on weekends.

Thanks to Lisa for participating.

:-)

Lemon Gloria said...

Big kiss wrapped in rainbows and teddy bears, sweetie honey pie!

hastalvistababy said...

Funny, I just happened to be cleaning/sorting my Ipod last night, and found the perfect wedding song/lyrics. They are pretty funny, and the song ain't bad either (even if it is country music - gasp! Haha :)

Yeah, if I were getting married, that song would be in the repertoire. But I think if I did (ever) get married, it would (more than likely) involve eloping somewhere far away and exotic :)