Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Change-Up...

Ok, so the advice thing is getting a little old for me to do on a regular weekly basis. Because of that (and a few other concerns that will remain nameless), I think I've decided to kill the regular Friday advice column. If you have a question, keep sending'em in and I'll hit them every once in a while, just not every week.

Which leaves me with an interesting problem. I kind of like having something regular to do on the last day before the weekend -- it saves me some brainstorming hassle. So I'd like to have a good feature that y'all will enjoy, but I'm not sure what that is at the moment.

Help me out here. Leave a comment suggesting what you'd like to see. The winner gets a beer on me at the next happy hour.

And because I hate to leave you with nothing entertaining to read, enjoy this "Amazon accidentally sends sex toy ads to the wrong people" article. In fact, I'll call that and raise it one "parents circulate dvd of principal cavorting with two teachers" for good measure. Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Maybe your blog pick of the week or something? Like, your favorite thing you read all week?

I dunno.


And come buy books soon. Work is boring.

Anonymous said...

I think that you are a news researcher. How do you find these things??? I would suggest a topic but I just can't make it to DC for the happy hour...sorry :(

hastalvistababy said...

Whatever other idea you decide to go with, you should definitely keep the advice column. Why? Because:

1)If you think about it, it's really a type of community service, which is never a bad thing

2)It's something that makes your blog stand out from the "today I got a cup of coffee and blah, blah, blah" usual fare

JordanBaker said...

My all time favorite friday featurette--and I say this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality--was DC Pussycat Doll's "Friday Boobies," where she assessed a different celebrity's boobs every week. There was just something very cheering about it.

"Friday Man-Boobs," however, would probably not be as appealling (though it might drive up your traffic in terms of people who just came looking for a trainwreck).

Anonymous said...

I think you should have fridays be a "you'd think this would be obvious, but..." kind of topic. like, for the dweebs out there who don't know about, oh, calling a girl or how to strike up a conversation or what is an acceptable compliment?

Anonymous said...

This didn't have anything to do with The Bitches messing with your boys did it? If so...boooo!