Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dr Prologue...

Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Internet


So where do I look?

Well, I'm over the "party all the time" thing. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I don't like to hang out at clubs, and I really only hit bars these days for the occasional happy hour. In the course of my regular daily life? That'd be great, but public places in my little corner of civilization are pretty lean pickins most of the time. I've met girls pretty much everywhere before, but for the most part, clubs attract people with different goals and lifestyles than mine these days, and I'd meet one girl every six months in the grocery store, in a good year. Oh, and work? Completely out of the question.

So I've turned to another resource I've used successfully in the past -- the good ole internets (i.e. zany blog-fodder generator extraodinaire). If the past is any indicator, I doubt it's the only place I'll meet new prospects, but where I think I'll focus for now. I'm keeping it low key -- no need to go on 6 coffee-interviews a week (interesting reading that would be though, huh?). I'm looking for quality over quantity, and it's hard to dig deep enough to find that when you're rushed and/or juggling 12 different email contacts simultaneously.

I think that brings you up to speed.

No comments: