Thursday, December 14, 2006

Getting to Know You

First post of my first blogging attempt. What am I doing here? Let's start with some background:

I've had a few really amazing relationships. I've had a few terrible ones. I've done the casual dating thing, and I've done serious. I'm a pretty decent looking guy, and I'm a hell of a catch. At the risk of sounding like a braggart, I'll say that I'm pretty much never at a loss for a date.

When 2006 rolled in, I thought there'd be a rock on my girlfriend's finger by the next time the ball dropped in Times Square. Unfortunately, that's not quite how it worked out. I'd never met a woman like her, and when it ended early this year, I wondered if I ever would again. There are no hard feelings there -- no one did anything wrong -- just a classic case of bad timing and different goals for the near future. But it did create a problem... I'd had a taste of what a true companion, that cliched idea of the best friend, lover, and partner in life, was. And one taste turned me into a junkie.

Since then, I've met and dated some great girls, but nothing with the potential to turn into the relationship that I want. After a lot of careful consideration, I've decided to find one. To make it my main focus. And, via this blog, to invite any interested specators along for the ride. I don't want to get married tomorrow. Hell, I don't even know if I ever want to get married. What I want is to find buried treasure -- a girl so perfect for me that she makes me want a future together. It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be quick, but it will happen. I won't stop looking until it does.

So this is (yet another) dating blog. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog world, new friend.

word to the wise (from someone who has recent experience with the subject): don't tell a girl you never want to get married unless you mean it. :-)

LMNt said...

NotCarrie: Thanks!

RD: Don't tell anyone -- that's classified information.

Ok, actually I probably do want to. I'm a total sap, but I'd rather not do it than settle.