Monday, March 5, 2007

What's in Your Drawers?

Ok girls, let's talk about underwear. Not the supersexy, lacy, fancy special occasion stuff, but what's on the menu on a more regular manner.

What do you wear?

Obviously, it has to fulfill a few requirements... gotta be comfortable, and it doesn't hurt if it makes you feel sexy, whether or not someone's going to be seeing them later, right?

Now, for guys, it's pretty easy. Tighty whities, bikinis, and thongs are definitely out. That leaves us with the choice of boxers or boxer briefs. Based on my informal polling, women are pretty much equally split on which they like better. It seems that if you're skinny and have a relatively decent body, boxer briefs are the way to go, but if you've got a little more to love, you should be packing it into boxers.

I'm totally fine with that. I love my boxer briefs. They're comfy and look damn sexy on me. On top of that, boxers can be a pain in the ass (shout-out to CRR the pun fanatic) because they bunch up or get twisted around and such. In other words, I never really had a choice, but I like what I ended up with.

You ladies, on the other hand, have a whole wide world of possibilities, and they just keep coming up with more aesthetically pleasing ways to cover your naughty parts, so how do you decide? You've got thongs, bikinis, boyshorts, girly briefs, and on and on ad infinitum. Obviously you don't want to be showing off the granny panties, but that doesn't narrow the field very much.

My advice?

Boyshorts are HOT. Like really hot. And I don't mean the crazy lace ones, I'm talking plain old cotton in bright colors and whimsical prints or patterns. Something like these:


Sex-Ay BoyShorts


Or maybe even these:


More Sex-Ay BoyShorts


Seriously. There's pretty much nothing hotter to find when the pants come off. Nothing.

Not only do they accentuate the female body brilliantly (which they totally do) and show of the fun sides of your personality (with the bright colors and whimsical patterns), but girls look damn sexy in men's clothing. And women's clothing made to look like men's but still highlight your gorgeous curves? Even better.

My personal informal polling tells me this is a pretty damn common opinion in the right kind of single guys, so this is my educated expert opinion. And I'm sure the guys will chime in and back me up (hint, hint, gentlemen). If you don't have any, go buy yourself a few pairs this week. You'll like the reactions. Promise.

Anyway, I've just had boyshorts on the brain lately. Happy Monday.

20 comments:

Carrie M said...

just when i was doubting my underware choice for the day, i have your post to assure me it's just fine. they're even drinking themed. bonus points!

Charlie Asher said...

I completely agree. My Girlfriend thinks guys only like thongs and that's what she's used to, but I love some boyshorts and have convinced her to try them out (with mutually beneficial results).

I don't know a single guy who doesn't find them incredibly sexy and fun.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

That second photo is of bikini undies, not boyshorts.

I'm hugely anti-bikinis as they are very difficult to wear without panty lines.

Therefore, it's pretty much always thongs or boyshorts. I have a drawer full of each. Biggest boyshort props go to Juicy Couture for cotton styles, Hanky Panky for lace styles, and the occasional VS Pink pair.

Anonymous said...

When I was 18 I went crazy trying to get my girlfriend to wear thongs (ultimately successfully). And I stand by that - absolutely the right thing to do at the time. But... that was an 18 year old bum. A decade later, it seems that's all anybody wears anymore, and I wish they'd go back to something a little more supportive and flattering.

And, should this comment prove to be provocative, let me say in advance... panty lines are hot.

LMNt said...

Carrie M -- Rock on. That's how it should be done.

Public Masturbation -- Don't get me wrong, a thong is great every now and then, but...

Kathryn -- Yeah, the second one's definitely more brief-y, but illustrated the color/whimsy thing so well, I had to use it anyway.

LightningHank -- Amen on the pantylines. Hot.

Pagan Marbury said...

Kathryn is right. Bikini = bad.

I always wear a black thong. Sometimes cotton, sometimes lacy, but always black. I used to have a variety of colors but it's hard to wear a colored bra and I like to match.

My everyday bra is a black pushup. I have eight exactly the same- I think I've blogged about them before. I always say my boobs have natural talent but they need a little encouragement in the cleavage department. I also have several white and beige t-shirt bras, a necessary evil.

As for boxer briefs, I steal my man's to sleep in. They're also great under jeans.

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

boyshorts are amaaaaaazing! In college I did the thong thing, but I never liked it. I love wearing super cute striped, polka-dotted, and patterned undies. I love wearing a serious black suit to work, knowing that underneath I'm wearing pink and green polka-dotted boyshorts!

Anonymous said...

I have a wide variety...thongs, boyshorts, bikini. Sexy underwear are the key to having a good day, and possibly evening. BTW...image of LMNT in boxer briefs...also HOT ;)

Anonymous said...

I love undies from Gap Body - lots of colors to choose from and all the styles are comfortable without ignoring the sexy factor. For working out/jogging, you can't beat Hanes Her Way.

Charlie Asher said...

Sorry, I should have clarified. They = boyshorts. She's started wearing them for me and I love it more than her thongs.

and I will agree with lightinghank, panty lines are really hot

J said...

Okay, well I agree with most of the commentary here... but I find your photo examples troubling.

Stars and rainbows?? Very 10-yr-old girl (not that I've been looking at 10-yr-olds in underwear).

I prefer stripes, solids, or logos of their favorite sports team. As long as its not the Yankees, now that is HOT!

Ladies, as long as you act like you think you look good in what you're sporting, trust me, we'll think you look good too.

Anonymous said...

funny how we're conditioned to think that panty lines are tacky and y'all are saying they're hot. i still think they're tacky, sorry...

and there's nothing wrong with little kid-type patterns on underwear. I mean, c'mon. The important part is that they aren't on little kids, silly.

Also, these are funny, had to share. :)

Carrie M said...

if i could find terps and/or skins boyshorts, i would be a happy girl.

LMNt said...

Pagan -- Seriously, check out the boyshorts. You'll get hooked. As will the boys. But girls in my boxer briefs are pretty damn hot, too.

DCWP -- Exactly. You get it, and I like that.

Nicole -- Variety is very good, too, long as there's some nice boyshorts in there. And LMNt in boxer briefs totally is hot. Good call.

HKW -- Thanks for the tips. If I ever get that sex change, I'll check'em out. 'Til then, I'm sure the girly readers will love'em.

Public Masturbation -- With you on all counts.

PRSlaveDC -- Like I said dude, bright colors and whimsical patterns. Lighthearted and girly. I'm pretty confident in my abilities to tell the difference between a 10 year old ass and a hot grownup one.

FoxySavant -- They're hot because we picture the panties that make them. Don't worry, it's a guy thing.

And the t-shirts are awesome.

Anonymous said...

they aren't just tshirts. they can be boyshorts, too. (which is why I included them on a underwear-related post!)

LMNt said...

Carrie -- No way... totally not playful enough. Think more along the lines of pink with polka dots and such.

FoxySavant -- Even better. I think you should start stocking up now so you'll have plenty of'em around when Mr Right shows up. ;-)

Freckled K said...

Boyshorts are the only thing that come between me and my Calvins. It's either that or nothing.

I have 8 new pair on their way in the mail to me as we speak. New knickers...hurrah!

snoopy said...

Thank you for making me feel good about my recent underwear purchases. I love how I look in boyshorts and they are way comfy too. :-)

Lemon Gloria said...

Can't do the boyshorts. They just don't work for my body and make my thighs look bigger. Even if I'm the only one seeing them, it bugs. Hanky Panky thongs, however, are super comfy and so cute.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is pretty gay!
An alarming trend I have found with women trying to be more and more like the guys (down to the underwear literally!) and guys loving and supporting it.
You love it when girls wear male underwear? What does that tell you? Latent homosexuality! Hahah. Don't get me wrong, if people are gay, it's cool, I have no problem with it. But I have "problem" with a lot of latent homosexual men out there who hide in the closet. Come out now, it's ok guys.