Monday, February 12, 2007

Goodnight, Girl

Penny


This is Penny. My good friend Megan got her when she was a puppy. Today was her 16th birthday, and they had to put her down this morning. She was a very sweet girl, and she'll be missed. Her Mommy, Mommy's boyfriend David, and her sister Janis (a 7 yr old cairn terrier) will be ok, I'm sure, but they're having a rough time right now. I wish there was something I can say, but there really aren't words that can ease the pain of losing a dog.

If anyone has an mp3 of "A Grassy Field" from the musical Bark, do me a favor and email it to me. Megan's dying to have it, and her cd appears to be scratched.

3 comments:

Carrie M said...

my thoughts are with your friends. *sigh* man, it's too early in the week to be crying...

KassyK said...

I am so sorry for her loss...I am fearing the same thing soon with my dog at home and its a terrifying thought...if I can find the song I'll send it over for sure.

Unknown said...

God lord, that's so sad. May she chase after cats and chew on bones the size of an elephant for all eternity in puppy heaven. The death of a great dog is always as painful as the death of a friend. I'm sorry for your friend's loss.