Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mr. Clean

One of my favorite things in the world is a group shower (and by "group," of course, I mean "me and my girl"). Not as a sexual thing, although sometimes it can be, but more as a bonding ritual or what-have-you. It's an awesome way to start your day if someone spent the night at someone else's. It saves water, and it's nice to have someone else around who can reach that damn spot on your back that's so hard to get to.

I'm lucky to live where I do, because my shower is absolutely perfect for it. It's a little wider than most of the standard shower-head-in-the-bathtub setups, and a little shorter, too. What this actually means? Two people can be in the shower together and comfortably share the hot water -- nobody has to be out in the cold, and no taking turns necessary. No accidentally knocking someone over when you reach for the soap, either.

The real beauty of the coed shower lies in the simple things: contact, touch, massage. A warm, private, shared moment together before you go out and face the real world. Like I said, it's a bonding ritual. I think it's important for every couple to have their own private ways of enjoying each other's company, touching base, and closing the rest of the world out for a moment or two that they look forward to on a fairly regular basis. For some it's doing the crossword, others like commuting together... some couples like to curl up on the couch and read. For me, a shower is usually on the list.

When I win the lottery, I'm totally going to have a huge hot water tank and one of those nifty two-headed showers.

13 comments:

Carrie M said...

i like how you point out that it saves water - yeah, cause that's why it's fun. i don't think anyone here will come down on you even if it didn't. ;-) i love having my hair washed. so yeah, good call, LMNT.

East Coast Teacher said...

I'm with Carrie on the hair washing. I love it when a man plays with my hair, brushes my hair, and washing my hair...I love that the most.

I've actually met (and dated) men who didn't enjoy showering together, while I, on the other hand, enjoy it tremendously. I'd suggest it and they'd look at me like I was crazy.

Definitely glad I'm not seeing any of them anymore.How could you NOT enjoy seeing the woman you're dating/that you love (or, if we're being honest here) any woman completely naked and soaking wet?

East Coast Teacher said...

And I thought I was closer to understanding men. The fact that they didn't enjoy this proves to me that I've still got a long way to go...

Ar-Jew-Tino said...

I like to do the crossword in the shower with my girlfriend touching my bases.

Kathryn Is So Over said...

OH! Sarah Silverman says, whenever you take a shower with your boyfriend your breasts will be sparkling clean. SPARKLING.

Pagan Marbury said...

Kathryn-- Funny!

LMNt-- I want one of those showers like Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck. It's free standing in the middle of the bedroom with opposing European shower heads and glass on four sides.

I'd also like to take a shower with Julian McMahon, who plays Christian. But I'm sure you're fun in the shower too!

LMNt said...

Carrie M -- I'm just trying to do my part for the environment. It's up to us to save the world for our children, right?

Kathryn -- Seriously. Hanging out with certain friends is like Revenge of the Nerds.

Miss BEG -- Keep trying. We're pretty simple.

Ar-Jew-Tino -- I think you're slipping... that didn't even make sense.

Kathryn Take 2 -- Yes, as will your butt, back, and anything else I can reach. Umm... I mean "he." Anything else he can reach.

Pagan -- I try. Maybe if you need some arm-candy for one of your expense account meals someday, I can show you afterwards. ;-)

NotCarrie said...

i don't know...I would probably have to take a second shower to actually do the cleaning parts.

Anonymous said...

Best shower in the tub: Shower head in the oval garden soaking tub! It's as long as it is wide and makes for all kinds of great room.

Caro said...

Totally with you on this one. Showertime with a friend is gotta be one of my favorite things to do. You're warm, comfortable, and wet. How could it get any better!? Here's hoping I get one of those showers soon!

LMNt said...

NotCarrie -- You obviously haven't done this before. It's your guy's job to make sure you get clean. Very clean.

Anon -- Sounds awesome. I want it.

Katinka -- Maybe we could chip in on one and share it. ;-)

The Urban Urchins said...

the only problem with the group shower is that it usually leads to getting dirty, sweaty again and requires another, more disciplined shower apres. So much for saving water....

NotCarrie said...

Urban Urchins knows what I meant:)