Monday, January 15, 2007

Random Announcements/Housekeeping/Etc.

*** Auction Update ***


The auction is over. Congratulations to DCWeddingPhotog, who won a date with yours truly on a winning bid of $110.00. That was quite a healthy stroke to my ego, and I'm sure we'll have a great time.

If you bid on me, but didn't win, there may be a few consolation prizes available. To win one, shoot me an email with a picture, a brief summary of why you think you should get one, a few words about yourself, and/or a link to your blog, if you have one.

Thanks to everyone who participated -- we made a serious amount of money for V-Day, and it was a lot of fun!

**********

Next up,

I-66 is hosting a blogger happy hour this Thursday. Yes, I'll be there. No, I won't be posting a recap. If you want to find out what LMNt is like in the real world, say hi, and have a drink or two, be there. Should be a blast, and I'm looking forward to meeting everybody.

**********

Finally, I've noticed several of you have either 1) mentioned how much you like having the guy's perspective on dating matters you read here, or 2) asked me about my thoughts on certain aspects of dating.

That's awesome. Seriously, I like it a lot.

My favorite blog of all time was First Date DC. I'm a huge fan of advice columns, and I'm known among my friends as the one who not only likes to give his input when you have a situation, but who almost always has the right idea on how to handle it. I'm definitey the dating coach in my crew.

Looking at both of those things together, I've got an idea, but it will only work with enough participation from you people, so I figured I'd throw it out here for y'all to vote on. Would you be interested in a weekly "Ask LMNt" (or maybe "LMNtal Advice") feature on this blog? Basically, if you guys think it's a good idea, once a week I'd post an email and give my take on the answer. Of course, the identities of any emailers would be kept strictly confidential.

There are three possible answers here: "Hell yeah, I'd write you emails and look forward to reading the answers," "I'd enjoy reading it, but probably wouldn't have the balls/desire to send in a question," or "no way, man. Don't do it." Leave me an answer in the comments or send an email my way.

If y'all like it, and I see enough interest to sustain it, I may have a few special surprises for you -- I've mentioned the idea it to a few "celebrity bloggers," and you just might see some interesting guest advisors adding their opinion to my own.

That's all for today, folks. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. Fo sho (in my head, that's totally in the 40 Year Old Virgin voice).


14 comments:

DCVita said...

I think it is a great idea and you should totally do it! You have a gift my friend. Might as well tap into it :)

Carrie M said...

i say right on. i was actually trying to come up with some sort of he said/she said thing for my blog and going to see if you wanted to do something with all of that. but you beat me to it. LOL

East Coast Teacher said...

Absolutely.

As a woman who also has a penchant for advice colums, I would welcome it.

And I appreciate your comment on my post, as well. Hearing the man's point of view on subjects such as the one I raised, is great.

You're making me wish I had participated in the Auction. I think we could've had some interesting conversations.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely great idea...now I just have to prioritize my questions... lol.

The Urban Urchins said...

congrats on the auction. I purchased a date for a friend, but perhaps I'll tag along--threesome?

Great idea about the column. NOw, where do I start?

LMNt said...

DC Vita -- Why thank you, I'm flattered.

Carrie -- Does that mean I win?

Miss BrownEyedGirlie -- Welcome to the blog.

Urban Urchin -- Congrats on your man-purchase. If I understand your question correctly, you start with sending me an email. :-)


Is it just me or is nobody else working today?

Carrie M said...

i don't concede that easily (although dcweddingphotog is lucky i was at my own bday party on saturday night ;-)...so if you want to collaborate on something, i'd love to. although you are wise in the ways of men, surely you have questions about what the f- are women thinking? LOL

Anonymous said...

Um, anonymous lurker here to say "Hell yeah" etc.

KassyK said...

You know I've got your back. Go for it.:)

Washington Cube said...

I think it's a good idea. Now I need to check out how I-66 did with his auction.

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

DUDE! I won you! Maybe if I ever make it out of this ice storm in effing San Antonio, Texas I can actually go on the date with you.

I-66 said...

Curious Cube - the information you search for can be acquired by means of e-mail, my 6-sided friend.

Congrats LMNt, as soon as the Texas Ice Age ends I mean. I must say my result is rather intriguing.

LMNt said...

Carrie M -- Since I posted this, the list of female bloggers interested in guest advising has grown a bit. Don't worry, you're on it.

Anon -- Thanks for coming out of the shadows. :-)

Kassy -- Work hard enough, and maybe one day I'll let you have my front, too. :-P

Cube -- Thanks for the input. See his comment below yours.

DCWeddingPhotog -- Might I suggest a flamethrower? Just a thought...

I-66 -- Now I'm curious. Check your email.

NotCarrie said...

I'll try to think of a question. COngrats on the auction:)